GROWING MAINSTREAM ACCEPTANCE OF CBD AMONG ATHLETES
CBD and THC – thrее little lеttеrѕ thаt juѕt mіght rеvоlutіоnіzе hоw sport industry vіеw mеdісаtіоn аnd thеіr орtіоnѕ for athletes trеаtmеnt. CBD and THC are now thе mоѕt researched саnnаbіnоіds on thе mаrkеt аnd rіghtlу ѕо bесаuѕе thе ѕtudіеѕ gо back tо thе 1970ѕ рrоvіng its еffесtіvеnеѕѕ on the nervous аnd іmmunе ѕуѕtеmѕ, wіth nеіthеr toxicity side еffесtѕ nоr psycho-activity. CBD came оut to thе wоrld іn a big way after thіѕ ѕіmрlе рlаnt chemical ѕtорреd an еріlерtіс seizure in іtѕ trасkѕ оn U.S. nаtіоnаl tеlеvіѕіоn. In thе tіmе ѕіnсе, mаnу sport еnthuѕіаѕtѕ hаvе realized thаt thіѕ mіrасlе compound саn stop athletes ѕраѕm, calm аnxіеtу, аnd ѕооthе thоѕе in chronic раіn. One оf thе mоѕt talked аbоut tорісѕ іn the alternative health world rіght now are CBD and THC. It hаѕ thе potential tо rеасh mаіnѕtrеаm ѕtаtuѕ and іѕ on thе fast trасk to do just thаt. Wіth thе healing роtеntіаl іt оffеrѕ and the аmоunt оf іntеrеѕt bеіng poured into research and ѕtudіеѕ on іt, іt mаkеѕ уоu wоndеr juѕt what еxасtlу makes іt ѕо special for an athlete.
After an intense workout or training session, athlete may be tired, sore, or even nauseous. Many athletes in this situation may toss back two or three Ibuprofen, crack a beer to take the edge off and call it good. However, what you may not realize is that NSAID drugs like Ibuprofen and Aleve are extremely dangerous, especially when used with regularity. If deaths from the toxic effects of NSAID drugs were tabulated separately, these drug toxicities would constitute the 13th most common cause of death in the United States. Therefore, we will help you understand the benefits of cannabidiol (CBD) extracts as a preparation and recovery tool and how to gain these benefits in your own post-workout regimen.
What exactly is CBD?
Of the 85 known cannabinoids, CBD and THC are usually present in the highest concentrations, and are therefore the most widely studied. Your typical ‘street weed’ was grown for maximum THC, the specific compound that gets you ‘high’. In fact, several studies suggest that CBD actually counters the high caused by THC. On the other hand, cannabis plant grown for maximum CBD typically have lower concentrations of THC and are bred for medical and therapeutic applications. To increase the efficacy of CBD, it’s often extracted from the plant and used as a concentrate. This makes CBD ideal for treating parents, athletes, children, the senior citizens, and those who want to remain clear headed.
Post-Workout: Indica or High-CBD
When using cannabis for physical and mental recovery, you will likely be looking for pain relieving, relaxing, anti-inflammatory CBD isolates. These properties are found primarily in indica extracts and those extracts containing high levels of cannabidiol (CBD). Cannabis extract of the indica variety provide athletes a deeply relaxing body, that helps both the mind and the muscles relax. If you’re looking to avoid feeling ‘high’ or getting stuck on the couch, you should try a non-psychoactive CBD isolate such as Momma Dora CBD isolate, available at Momma Dora Medicinals website at Cbdlegaloil.com CBD has a wider scope of therapeutic benefits than any NSAID drugs like Ibuprofen, and CBD is effective even in small doses. Thus, it is recommended that you choose an indica dominant extract and/or a CBD-rich isolate to take advantage of these beneficial post-workout effects. The mysterious CBD substance serve as both preparation and recovery alternative for athletes owing to the following benefits;
- Pain: CBD isolate is an analgesic, helping to alleviate pain both during and after exercise. Many athletes, like Olympian Ross Rebagliati, use CBD isolate following their workouts to continue managing pain from achy muscles, as opposed habit forming NSAID drugs like Ibuprofen.
- Inflammation: CBD isolates are extremely effective in managing inflammation post exercise. Cannabinoids are potent anti-inflammatory agents and they exert their effects through induction of apoptosis, inhibition of cell proliferation, suppression of cytokine production and induction of T-regulatory cells (Tregs).
- Sleep and relaxation: Cannabinoids are known to have both relaxing and sedative effects on users. In fact, cannabis with concentrations of CBN approaching 1% by weight can be useful in treating insomnia. Getting the required sleep each night is perhaps the most important aspect of being a healthy athlete – muscles grow and recover best during deep sleep.
- Decreasing nausea: Rich CBD isolates like Momma Dora CBD oil has anti-emetic effects, helping athletes reduce nausea during and after exercise. In fact, many studies have shown that for treating nausea and vomiting, CBD is more effective than other medications such as Phenothiazine, Ibuprofen and antihistaminic.
- Reduction of muscle spasms: CBD isolates are known to have antispasmodic properties., which prevents some causes of muscle spasms in athletes include straining of a muscle, dehydration, trauma, and damage to nerves or to the spinal cord.
- Increasing appetite: CBD is a safe way to stimulate appetite. Power lifters, MMA fighters, and other athletes with demanding eating regimens often find that rich CBD oil intake encourages them to take in more calories than they might have otherwise. CBD increases the levels of two key hunger-regulating hormones, ghrelin and leptin, without significantly altering body insulin levels.
- Protection of heart, lungs, and brain: In several studies CBD has been shown to decrease inflammation while offering protection for the heart, lungs, and brain during and after injury. In fact, the short-term neuroprotective effects of CBD in the brain continue to be researched for purposes of treating sports concussions.
What’s also fascinating is the suggestion that CBD increases impulsive responses. In other words, it enables you to take greater risks without having to negatively affect your decision-making capabilities. Some other competitive benefits of CBD include better vision, better concentration, and the ability to help athletes forget about previous traumatic experiences. Although CBD doesn’t provide athletes with an unfair advantage like performance enhancement drugs (PEDs), it does offer an array of physical and mental benefits both during and after training. Regardless of whether you’re pumping iron in the gym or trying to conquer a marathon, its common knowledge that CBD can focus your mind in the here and now.
Why patronize Momma Dora Medicinals for your rich CBD isolate? All our CBD isolate products are sourced from organically grown cannabis plant without pesticides or herbicides and they have a high quality of carbon dioxide. We offer our customers wide range of medicinal rich CBD products. If you are in need of high quality CBD isolates, CBD oils, CBD tinctures, CBD capsules and other CBD products, we will make any of them available to you at CBDLEGALOIL.com. Please do contact us if you have any question relating to CBD isolate products; we will be glad to have all your questions answered.